Dec 28, 2008

My Christmas Present

I haven't updated my blog for some time because busy with my project & field work. Anyway my favorite Tomb Raider Underworld haven't arrived in PS2 version yet. Thus, nothing to do during this Christmas holiday but went shopping in malls & shopping center with my family. Recently I came across some interest in photography & thinking of getting a good camera. The photography trend seems to be growing as digital camera were getting cheaper. There are many camera brands to choose from but always famous brands like Canon, Nikon & Olympus top the market. I decided to search for a DSLR in the market, as a beginner I would like to have a easy function camera rather than a complicated one. Budget also one of the important factor for me to choose the range of the DSLR. I'm getting a lot of information from web forums & reviews (http://www.dpreview.com/). There are a few models for me to decide, model as followings:
  • Canon - 1000D / 400D / 450D
Canon 1000D
Canon 450D

  • Nikon - D40 / D60 / D90
Nikon D40
Nikon D60
Nikon D90

  • Olympus - E420 / E520
Olympus E520
  • Sony - Alpha 200 / Alpha 300
Sony A200

I really having a delimma choosing the above model. After advices from my from my photo "kaki" friends, I narrow down to Canon 450D & Nikon D90. Finally, on Chistmas Day I decided to go for Nikon D90 as my Christmas present for this year. Somehow the Nikon D90 with VR lens kit no stock at the moment so I have to wait for the stock to arrive. Hope after getting my new gadget I'll post more photos into my blog ^_^

No comments: